Chunking Things

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Murphy's Law in Effect

The 2012 Fall Foliage Tour is specifically to allow my sister to shop retirement property in TN, VA and NC.  She plotted the route and booked all the hotels.  One of the things that my sister knows about me is that I don't have the same love of freshwater lakes as she does.  Give me a beach and the ocean any day!

Because she thinks that this road trip is somehow a sacrifice on my part, she planned this weekend for me.  Tomorrow, we are supposed to drive to Elizabeth City and spend the weekend near the beach.

Cue Hurricane Sandy.

As we watch the Weather Channel and its coverage of this weather system, I've got to wonder... "should we head east toward the coastline?"

As the experts talk more and more about it, it is clear that NC will miss the worst of this storm.  It is going to hit FL and then spin up and threaten the northeast next week.

But still, do we head to the beach when weather like this is threatening?  At best, we will be driving through rain and holing up in a hotel room with our feet propped up.  At worst, we will be stuck somewhere without electricity, heat and/or air, and other amenities.

I imagine we could cancel our reservations at these hotels, head inland and check out a few more lakes.  I'll have to see what my sister thinks.

--  Sandee Wagner


No comments: