Chunking Things

Friday, July 11, 2014

Mid Century Mess



So, the renovation begins at the front door.  Can you believe they covered this wall of glass up with a board?  I can.  There are five BB holes in that glass.  Shot from the inside.  The Zummos raised three boys here and those BBs were fired from inside the house.  So instead of plugging the holes or replacing the panes of glass, they just covered it up.

I like it better with the glass showing.

I will get some price estimates for replacing the panels that are cracked and shot up.  I'm pretty sure it will be a worthwhile investment.



The kitchen has been gutted and the new space planning has begun.  Since I took this picture, the soffitt is down and so is the wall between the laundry room and the kitchen.  Right now, it's a big mess.  But it's just the first week of renovations, so I'm sure the progess is good.

--  Sandee Wagner

No comments: