Chunking Things

Friday, March 25, 2011

All Ready Now

I flew to MN yesterday. I'm in my kid's home awaiting the arrival of a new grandbaby. I'm hopeful that I can help out around the house and chase the toddlers enough to allow my pregnant daughter in law to put her feet up and rest a little bit.

Here's hoping!

International travel is difficult. One cancelled flight and my itinerary went from a 17 hour fly day to about 23 hours long. I felt like a zombie last night. Then my eyes popped open when it was still dark outside, so I know I'm riding the jet-lag now.

I love getting to enjoy daily life with a family with small kids. It brings back so many memories of my household when my kids were little. Just hearing the kids run around and play makes good memories ring in my head.

If you have young kids, enjoy them. Watch them play, grow and learn. Value each moment you spend in their company for the tiny slice of discovery that it is. Some day, you'll be remembering these while you watch the next generation at play. It's the circle of life, baby, and we're riding that Merry-Go-Round!


--Sandee Wagner

13 comments:

MAGolla said...

When my sis came home from Germany for Christmas, Paris and the rest of Europe was in the midst of their worst snow storm ever. I don't know how many flights were cancelled and how many times she was rerouted, but they lost her luggage--she just got it back two weeks ago.
No joke. She didn't comment if there was anything INSIDE the luggage though. Hm . . . I must ask.

Zack and Kimmee said...

Welcome to state-side!

Emmylee said...

YAY!! I'm so glad you made it in okay :o)

Enjoy the kiddos--my house will be much more boring...

Unknown said...

Magolla,

I heard so many bad stories about Christmas travel this year. Most sounded like the plot from "Planes, Trains and Automobiles".

Sorry about your sis. I do wonder if the bags got tossed. spw

Unknown said...

Z&K,

It is fun to be back in the good old USA. I'll be out to see you guys in May. spw

Unknown said...

Emm,

I'm expecting you to do some power shopping with me... I'll send you my flight info as soon as I book in. spw

Marilyn said...

Welcome back, Sandee, even if it's temporary!

You're so right about kids. Even though the grandson wears me out, I almost always have such a good time with him. And when he's cranky, I've learned that the same treatment the dogs get works on him: ignoring until he gets happy or using my mean voice.

Have fun with the kids and grandkids!

Unknown said...

Marilyn,

I think that technique will work on men too...

I'm going to enjoy my grandchildren. The two currently present are doll babies. The one inbound is sure to be just as sweet! My kids make great babies. spw

Susan said...

I'm so glad you're here! Come see us if you can, and share lots of pictures of your doll babies. Those of us who don't have GKs live vicariously through those of you who do. ;)

Unknown said...

Susan,

I left the camera with DH since he has to househunt without me. I'll try to pick up another one and post some pictures especially of the new little boy. spw

Dizzie Diva said...

Welcome back to the US!
I think Keith might fly to MSP (this just in-- so I am not 100% sure) tomorrow, so maybe y'all can hook up and hug on my behalf!

Unknown said...

Emmanuelle,

I will definitely hook up with Keith if he gets to MSP this week!! spw

Dizzie Diva said...

So jealous! I want some hugs!