Chunking Things

Monday, April 11, 2011

Getting Used To The New Addition


My grandson and granddaughter are having to make a lot of adjustments. They have a new baby brother and they are having to share their parent's attention with a newborn.

It's fun to watch the process. Seeing the little ones' curiosity with the baby. Watching how they see him work into the well oiled machine that is their home life.

Part of the reality of living in a big family is knowing that the world does not revolve around you. Your parents are responsible for more than just your needs and your desires. It's a tough lesson, but one that prepares you for life.

Will and Carolyn are fascinated with baby Charles. They react every time he cries and want to play with him when he's awake between feedings. And he seems to take all the attention very well. I think he's going to really like his brother and sister. They sure love him.

--Sandee Wagner

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Compared to your family, Sandee, I'm from a small fam of 6, but I always enjoyed it when a new baby was in the house. Especially since it wasn't my responsibility to take care of them. If I helped, I was a great kid. LOL.
You have some gorgeous GKs!

Unknown said...

Susan,

Thanks so much. We are sure proud of them. It's funny. Photos don't show the personality of the kids... and they are FULL of fun character. spw