Chunking Things

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Home Sweet Home


Well, after my months long tour of the US and environs, I have finally followed DH to Dubai and taken up residence. When I left Tunis the last week of March, DH headed to Dubai and undertook the search for new digs.

Marriage is about trust, after all.

He outdid himself, I'll give him that. He's rented a house for us in a lovely community. It's a single story home. I think my fall down the marble stairs in the Tunis house might have played in his insistence on a single story abode. Of course, he had to schlep stuff up and down stairs too, so maybe it wasn't my clumsiness.

We have a four bedroom villa. It's in a nice, gated community with pools and clubhouses available to residents. We are in a newish block, so only a couple of the new houses are inhabited.

It's big and it's empty. That's right. Even though we were packed up the last week of March, our household goods have not left Tunisia. Is it only me, or does the phrase 'island time' sound appropriate? This time it is not the fault of any municipal government or customs agency. It's all on the company. They were required to provide some kind of tax form to complete the residency paperwork, and they did not do so. So here I sit in an empty house in Dubai while all my worldly possessions are in a container in Tunis.

Good times.

--Sandee Wagner

4 comments:

JD said...

Looks good! So I take it you have room for me?? Glad to see you back into this blog. I was getting bored with nothing fun to read. You did all that visiting back in the US and didn't even stop by the ranch to see us.....tisk tisk. :P LOL! Glad to know everything is going some what smooth.

Unknown said...

JD!!

Sorry I didn't get by to see you and my favorite blonde. I took a beating from my central TX family members for not getting to see them. I've promised next time for sure. We'll get to Houston/College Station/Georgetown/Belton. When I plan that visit, I'll be sure and work you guys into the mix.

That said, we have guest suites enough for ALL of you. Bring Deb and Will and come on down! Every bedroom has an en suite bath, so it's like the best house for company... and in a place where I probably won't get any visitors!! spw

Zack and Kimmee said...

Looks super fancy!

Unknown said...

Z&K,

It's really very nice. In a neighborhood filled with houses that are all exactly alike. There are only two floor plans and about four colors they are painted. I'm afraid I won't be able to find it because it looks so much like all the others in the 'hood.

Inside, it's plainly finished, but high quality. Come see for yourself!! spw