Chunking Things

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Houston Bound

And, after a fun filled year in Dubai... we are headed back to Houston.  That was not the plan.  We expected to stay here for three years, but still I'm happy to be going back to the USA.

There are lots of things to love about Dubai.  I've met some amazing people here.  Made some great friends that'll I'll truly miss.  I've seen a lot of the local sites and enjoyed the ease of living in the "Paris of the Middle East".

I'm hoping we can make arrangements and get the move scheduled pretty quickly.  I want the stuff shipped so that container can get there in the least amount of time possible.  Once the job was offered and the decision to accept was made, I'm ready to have the deed done.

Why is it that the 'not knowing' is the stressful part of any job change?  Not knowing if the job will be there, not knowing where the work will be based, not knowing if the compensation will be equivalent. All the unknowns are what keeps you awake at night.  Once the decision is made and it's a 'done deal', then I'm all about going forward and making it happen very quickly.

We expect to be back in Houston some time next month.  It will all depend on how fast it can all be scheduled.  We'll pack up, load the container, ship it and step on a plane.  Life is going to change for sure.  We're hoping it's for the better!

--  Sandee Wagner


6 comments:

MAGolla said...

WOW, Sandee! Welcome home!

Zack and Kimmee said...

Another adventure :) I'm happy you will be more accessible and HOPEFULLY, we'll get to see you more! I love you!

Unknown said...

Magolla,

Thanks so much! I can't wait to get there. Will keep you guys up on the scheduled arrival. And I'm sure I'll make a road trip to Tulsa!! spw

Unknown said...

Z&K,

Every day with your dad is an adventure. It's like living in a theme park with the wild rides, ups and downs. spw

alexa said...

Well we are thrilled to have y'all closer to home! What is it with these Wagner men of ours that constantly has us on our toes?

Unknown said...

Alexa,

Now that you mention it, they ARE the common denominator, aren't they. Wagner men have been making life exciting for us all along!! LOL! spw