Chunking Things

Monday, April 9, 2012

Packers Scheduled

I did a pre-move donation.  Looked around the house and identified the pieces of furniture that I could do without.  Then I found a nice charity.  A local church ministry that expects two new couples to arrive empty handed.  They were interested in ANY household items that might be useful to a young college couple starting out fresh.

So, I sorted out the appliances with funky plugs, the IKEA furniture that was temporary when bought, and the kitchen items that have served their usefulness.  Packed it all up and made the call.

The folks arrived with six strong men and a truck.  They loaded up the excess and thanked us profusely.  We made their day.

When the moving company's estimator arrived yesterday, she surveyed our belongings and said we'd fit into a 40' container with no issues.  Problem solved.

We are scheduled to begin the pack out in two weeks.  Two days of packing and one day of loading, and then we will be on our way back to the USA.  I'm excited.  But I'm also sad.  I've liked living here.  I could have spent another couple of years here.  I've made some good friends.  Some I hope will visit me and keep in touch.

It's another ending, and a new beginning all rolled up into one.

--  Sandee Wagner

2 comments:

Zack and Kimmee said...

You guys have so many great stories to tell! I think it's awesome all the adventures you've been on! Can't wait to see you more!

Unknown said...

Z&K,

We can't wait to get back and visit with you and the whole family! Love you all. spw