Chunking Things

Monday, April 30, 2012

Back Home

This is the first time that I've ever moved BACK to a place I lived before.  There is a certain amount of relief in knowing things about a location.  We remember the roads, the directions.  Not every trip requires a map and a prayer.

Another bonus?  We already know some of the best places to eat.

On Sunday, we went out to breakfast at the Humble City Cafe.  An old favorite of ours.

This hometown cafe is one of the hidden treasures of Humble, Texas.  The homemade waffles, omelets and the skillet cornbread with cinnamon butter are just as good as we remembered.

It's nice to have some old haunts to return to, some memories to relive.  We moved away in 2000, so the town has changed quite a bit.  It still retains a lot of its small town charm, though.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to like living in Humble again.

--Sandee Wagner

5 comments:

JD said...

Glad to know I have another place to stay when I come to Houston this week or next to pick up my Duck mount in the 1960/59 area. :P

Unknown said...

We have an extra room. Just no bed in it. You don't mind sacking out on the floor, do you? spw

JD said...

Do I mind sleeping on the floor??? Pshhhh...I spent half my career on the ground in countries around the world. I'm pretty sure your floor in the house is way better than the dirt floor in the jungle or desert. LOL!

Unknown said...

Well, we've got your guest suite, JD. We're in temporary digs until our container arrives in June. let us know when you're in town, maybe we can grab dinner or something. spw

JD said...

I'll be staying at my in-laws, but I wanted to razz you anyways. :D I will let you know for sure when I am there!!