Chunking Things

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Gets Worse Before It Gets Better

We checked in on the remodeling efforts this week.  I don't know what I expected but it was a mess.

A big mess.


I'm really hoping this is the beginning of the end.  The rough in was completed on framing, electric and plumbing.  The inspector should be by Monday to sign off on the work.  Then the rest of the ceilings and walls can be closed up.


The floor guys were hard at work.  They started in the back of the house and they are working their way forward to the big entertaining areas.


So, they stack up the bags of concrete they use to "float" the floor to level.  They stack up the floor tiles and leave a lot of stuff laying around while they work in the other rooms.


I'm trying to think of it as progress.  Even though it seems like a lot of junk laying around in piles of dust and broken tiles...

It's closer to livable every single day.

--  Sandee Waggner


4 comments:

alexa said...

Oh I was hoping it would be more done for you! Shoot!! You should have hung out longer. I can't wait to see the finished stuff - but I bet not nearly as excited as you will be to have it done!

Unknown said...

Lexi, I'm just hoping we can move in before it costs us another month of storage!

Anonymous said...


I'm so O/C, I'd be going crazy with all that construction stuff spread out all over the floors. I'd be wanting to pick up and stack everything into neat little organized piles.

When are they going to be finished?

Unknown said...

Another couple of weeks. It's better now, they got another construction dumpster, so the trash is pretty much outside and not heaping up.