Chunking Things

Friday, August 15, 2014

Yet More Floor Goodness

I choose to put porcelain tile that looked like wood in the dining room.  It's an addition that is windows all around.  Since the room is so bright, I thought a darker color floor would help 'ground' the room and set it apart from the rest of the house.
They've laid the floor tiles, but have not yet grouted it.  I think it looks nice.  And I'm glad that the dark color of the tile makes it look rich.

 I also was very concerned about the 'curb' from the front entryway into the sunken living room and the step up from the living room into the dining room.

The answer?  A mosaic tile strip to give a visual break between the floors so the trip hazard will be lessened.

I will probably still fall at least once, but hopefully, it will keep most people from tripping.



I think the mosaic does a good job on the curb.  You can just see it across the room on the step up into the dining room.

These guys did an AMAZING job laying the floor tiles.  They leveled all the floors using a water level and then mudded up to make all the floors level.

I could not be more happy with the end product.  When it's all grouted and cleaned up, I'm sure it will look great.

--  Sandee Wagnefr

6 comments:

Anonymous said...


After all the construction work is finished, and you get all moved in, you'll need to have a HUGE housewarming party!

Steaks. Burgers. Brats. Booze.

Unknown said...

My realtor told me that I needed to have a "Mad Men" party and tell everyone to dress sixties, drink Moscow Mules and martinis. I asked him who I was going to invite, since he's the only guy I know in town. Maybe all the work crews?

Anonymous said...


Well, you definitely have to invite all of your peeps! :)

And lay in a big supply of vodka and ginger beer and limes.

And offer souvenir copper mugs, too! You can't drink a Moscow Mule unless it's from a copper mug. :)

And since Moscow Mules have GINGER beer in them, they HAVE to be served by a redhead (a Ginger)!

alexa said...

The flooring looks great! One step closer!

Anonymous said...


We need more pix on the remo progress!

Anonymous said...


ReeMO! ReeeeMO! ReeeeeeeeMO!

LOL!