Chunking Things

Friday, January 7, 2011

Moving Day!


We were so excited when they called to tell us that the container would be delivered to our house at 0830 on Friday morning. One of my Tunisian friends cautioned me that 0830 Tunisian time was more like 1030. So, we got up, dressed and made it to the house at 0820. On the way, we passed a container. DH said it was the color of our container... and it WAS!! They got there moments after we arrived. There were seven or eight guys from the shipping service and they got right to work.

They worked so hard. They never took a break. By 1130, the whole truck was unloaded and they were driving away. DH and I decided to get some lunch before we started unpacking. We drove to La Marsa, got a pizza and strategized how to attack the boxes.
We decided to concentrate on getting the major furniture pieces in place. If we get the bookcases and stuff in place, then we have some place to put things, right? It seemed like a good idea.

And we made a pretty good dent in it. We got the dining room and living room furniture placed. We put the master bed together and got some of the large outdoor stuff placed. It was a good start.

Tomorrow we'll get up early, go over to the house and try to see how much more we can get done. Oh, and guess what? The rug looks great with the furniture!!

--Sandee Wagner

10 comments:

MAGolla said...

WooHoo, Sandee!! Congrats and Welcome Home!

Emmylee said...

I told you the rug would look great!! (Of course, that means *I* don't get it, so I should be more sad about this... LOL)

Marilyn said...

Woot!!! Can't believe you didn't sleep in your bed once you got it set up, but soon, right?

Unknown said...

Magolla,

Thanks! I'm hoping I can get settled pretty quickly. spw

Unknown said...

Emm,

I swear, if you come visit me, I'll buy you your OWN rug. spw

Unknown said...

Marilyn,

If we had only unearthed the sheets... we would have slept there. Today, we found them, so we let the hotel know that we are checking out Sunday morning. Tomorrow night will be our first night in the new house. spw

Twisted Sister said...

Woo Hoo!!!!!
I'm so excited for you!

Zack and Kimmee said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! Happy for you... can't wait until I can post pictures of boxes to unpack :)

Emmylee said...

Mommasita, I would never dream of taking your magic carpet away--I was after the purple furniture!!

Emmylee said...

Oh yes, the coolest set of deep purple furniture!! Sofa, love seat, chair and ottoman!

I found them, and Mom and Dad both loved them...