Chunking Things

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Half Gone

Well, it's June 1st. 2010 is halfway gone. I made new year's resolutions... at least I think I did. I'm pretty sure.

As I try desperately to remember my list of resolutions, I can only despair over the fact that this year is halfway gone. Six months down the drain and what do I have to show for it?

I remember. This year, I promised myself that I would join a critique group, get a manuscript polished and submit it to a publisher. And guess what? I'm very close.

I do have a supportive critique group. They have helped me polish my manuscript almost to the end. And I believe it will be ready to by the end of the summer.

My second resolution for this year was to redo a manuscript that I have three quarters of the way written. I haven't even thought about it. But I have six more months, right?

I'm trying to decide if I'm worried or smug.

--Sandee Wagner

4 comments:

Emmylee said...

Definitely smug... 3/4 is almost done, you don't need half of a year for that!

JakeW said...

Consider:
Time required = amount of work/effort

Now, if you apply the simple distributive property of half ass-ery you can see that the amount of work left to do can be minimized!

amount of work/(effort * Doing it 1/2assed) = Time Required/2!

You have a whole YEAR left really... ;)

Unknown said...

Emm,

Your belief in me is compelling, yet misplaced. I can certainly put it off and not accomplish it... I'm trying to remember WHAT YEAR IT WAS when I wrote the first 3/4's of the book. spw

Unknown said...

Jake,

Is half ass-ery really hyphenated?

And why is it that when you weigh in, it's always math all the time?? My brain still hurts from the sine wave discussion. Did you catch that blog?? spw