Chunking Things

Sunday, June 27, 2010

A Rainy Day

When I wake up in the morning, I can often tell the weather by the feel of my head. Apparently, my sinuses are as sensitive as a barometer. When the pressure changes, or a storm moves in, I can feel it. Mornings like this, I pop a pill almost before I roll out of bed.

On the one hand, I'm happy. I don't have to water the flowers today.
On the other hand, it saddens me. I won't be outside finishing up my art projects.

I'm going to have to run some errands today. Get some stuff done.

On a rainy day, lots of activities appeal to me. I want to curl up and read a good book. I want to watch chick flicks and laugh with friends. I want to hunker down, cook some soup and stay indoors.

Rainy days allow us to step back from the outside rush, take a deep breath, and relax. Heavy outdoor chores have to be set aside for another day. It's God's way of making you take a break.

--Sandee Wagner

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, the birdbath hasn't been re-grouted yet. The movers broke off some of the slate edge tiles. So I had to reglue them in place.

But I don't really want birds in the birdbath. They're just rats with wings. spw

Emmylee said...

He assures me that he doesn't post anonymously...

Unknown said...

Emm,

I'm pretty sure that Craig would want me to know who was needling me... Anon knows ME though. spw