Chunking Things

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Halloween!!

Yesterday was Halloween and today the pictures were up on my DIL's blogs.  So I had to snag my favorites and share.

Here are the NC Wagners, ZJ and Zoey.

ZJ got to see Captain America at the movie theater with his father, so I'm pretty sure this costume was one he couldn't live without.

And what little girl doesn't want to be a Disney Princess?  Zoey is rocking the Snow White dress, I think.

Both of them look glad to be dressed up for Trick or Treating!  According to their parents, a neighbor had a block party on Saturday and they got to Trick or Treat on Monday, so they dressed up twice and had a great time.  I think their school also had costumes one day, so it was a pretty big week for both of them.

Their folks carved pumpkins and they had some stick in type plastic stuff so they did a 'potato head' kind of pumpkins.  Pretty cool if you don't want to give your kids sharp knives.

The MN Wagners, Will, Carolyn and Charlie also had a great Halloween.

Will got to dress up for school one day and his teachers loved his costume.  Then all three kids (and their parents!) went Trick or Treating with another couple of families.  Their neighborhood is a small circle and they managed to get enough treats for the little kids, and still get back to the house and hand out treats.

Will is a robot.  Carolyn is a beautiful butterfly and Charlie is a skunk.  I love the costumes.  In the frozen tundra, they need them to be warm. These outfits appear to fit that bill perfectly.  Plus, how cute are they?

I was hoping we'd get some Trick or Treaters this year.  I stocked a bunch of candy and turned on the porch light and waited.  But no.  No kids rang the bell.  Most of the moms said the schools had carnivals or one of the friends had a Halloween party so the kids must have just done that in lieu of knocking door to door.  I have to admit to being a little disappointed.  I love Halloween.  I love making the costumes and seeing the kids dressed up.  I'm sorry to be so far away from these little muffins.  I'd like to be following them around and admiring all the loot they collect.  Well, there's always next year.

--Sandee Wagner

6 comments:

alexa said...

Boo that y'all didn't get any kids! I know my crew had a blast. You are certainly more than welcome to come with us next year!

Unknown said...

Alexa,

I might hold you to that one. I think Halloween is a better time to visit MN than Christmas!! The kids look amazing. I'm glad they had a lot of fun. And those ghost lights you made are the cutest DIY ever!! spw

Marilyn said...

Adorable kiddos!

Too bad you didn't get any T-or-T-ers. The grandkiddo went as a cowboy (which he is just about every other day anyway)-- actually, a marshal, I guess, with his badge. Said he got lots of candy and had to arrest a few people for bein' bad. :)

Unknown said...

Marilyn,

That grand is adorable. Arresting lawbreakers indeed.

I spent all day taking my leftover candy and making treats for the neighbors. Snickers cupcakes, peanut butter and mars bars cookies. Tomorrow will be the milky way cake... then all the candy will be gone!! spw

Zack and Kimmee said...

Don't feel bad, Sandee... we didn't get a single trick or treater either! Our neighborhood is small and right next door to a very large (read: lucrative candy hood) neighborhood so no one made it to our side :)

Unknown said...

Z&K,

We did ten years in Tulsa with no hope of Trick or Treaters... so I'm more used to not now, than getting them. But I love it! I love the costumes and the excited kids. Very fun. There aren't even any Hispanics doing Dia del Muerte here. Strange. spw