Chunking Things

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Lovin' my iPad

For my birthday, DH bought me an iPad. He even encouraged me to get it early and get it "loaded up". I'm pretty sure my kids were pleased to know that an iTunes gift certificate would become the perfect gift. I'm apparently pretty hard to shop for...

I have purchased a few "apps for that" and several of them have come in handy. There's one that finds your location and then you can speak the type of food you're interested in and it will identify restaurants within a set number of miles. I played with the speech portion for a while and it even parses my dreadful Texas drawl. Very cool.

But the best thing about my new iPad is that I can listen to audio books for HOURS... it has a ten hour battery life. It's been really fun. As I clean house, do chores or sew, I'm listening to audio books. So convenient.

At our family reunion, I managed to entertain the grandbabies with their favorite games. Sneezies and Paper Toss will keep two and three year olds entertained for a long, long time. And that means sitting on Grandee's lap the whole time!

I've never been happier with a large purchase. I've loved my computers, but there was always a frustration factor associated with getting them loaded with my information. The iPad was easy to get information installed on. Even when I accidentally put a bunch of music on it. As soon as I figured out what went wrong, I selected a single check mark and it all got backed off. Very nice sync function.

I had a buddy rave about this device. I thought he'd drunk the Koolaid. Now that I've had a couple of months to play with mine, I've drunk it too.

--Sandee Wagner

4 comments:

Emmylee said...

I wouldn't mind drinking some of that Kool-Aid myself... Alas, I need to be satisfied with my current technology for a while longer.

Unknown said...

Emm,

You've got a super cool MP3 player, don't you? Someone who loves you bought you that. spw

Emmylee said...

HA! I bet you loved to look of terror in those deer-in-the-headlights eyes!!

And I DO love my mp3 player and use it constantly!! It just doesn't do all the neat things that yours does...

Unknown said...

Emm,

I think the Apple store was the most chaotic retail space I've ever been in. Crazy busy. The little darling took me seriously and did not press me unduly. I'm glad I bought it. spw