Chunking Things

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Household Goods Update

Up until now, I've been rattling around a mostly empty house. We have a basic rental kit (sofa, chair, coffee table, lamp, bed, chest and two end tables) but the house is a cavernous, echoing emptiness.

Night before last, I broke down. It finally got to me. I cried and when I prayed for strength, I included a plea to get my stuff. God is pretty busy. I don't generally waste his time with stuff like that. I want my family and friends safe and healthy. I want God to bring peace to troubled areas. My container of household goods was not the center of my prayers. Until my sloppy crying jag.

I apologized in advance for wasting His time, then asked Him to put in a good word to get me my stuff. I'd like to feather my nest.

After saying the prayer, I felt better. I usually do when I put my troubles into an expert's hands.

Yesterday, the internet got fixed. DH got through and informed me that the container was packed and either at the port awaiting a ship out of Tunisia, or actually on a ship on the way to Dubai.

Hallelujah!

So, the countdown is on. It's cleared Tunisian customs. It's all down to the carrier's schedule and the UAE's inbound customs. THEN I can get my furniture and set up my home.

It cannot come soon enough. Thank you God.

--Sandee Wagner

2 comments:

Emmylee said...

I'm so glad that your stuff is on it's way!! And sometimes a good crying jag is what's needed when you keep everything bundled up inside; it's cathartic to let it out...

Unknown said...

Emm,

It was out all right. I had a total meltdown. Doesn't happen often with me, but boy... when it does! spw