Chunking Things

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Did I Forget Anything?

Any time I pack for a trip, I'm pretty well certain that I'm going to forget something vital. I always do. Sometimes, it's a relief to realize WHAT it is that's forgotten, then I can just let go of the idea that it's hanging over my head.

With the packing going forward full speed, it's becoming obvious that our window of opportunity to correct any last minute omissions is thundering past. As each box gets taped shut, more and more items are beyond our reach.

I know I've forgotten something. I'm just hoping it's not vital. I have my passport. I have my identification. I have my plane tickets and reservations printed out.

We've made the arrangements for the yard to be cared for while the house is on the market. I've notified all the utilities of my change of address. What is left to forget? Because it's a guarantee that something will be forgotten. No one pulls off a move like this with no drama.

Toothbrush, check. Medicines, check. What IS it? What is it that is missing from this picture?

--Sandee Wagner

2 comments:

Zack and Kimmee said...

I do NOT envy you!!!

Unknown said...

Z&K,

It gives a whole new meaning to "chunking things" doesn't it?? I am just watching it all be wrapped and padded and protected and I'm still worried that it's too much for a 40 ft container. And will we cube out the PT for the trip north?? Inquiring minds and all that. spw