Chunking Things

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Traveling North

We took a road trip this weekend. We drove a trailer full of tools up to my son in Minneapolis, MN. I've been to Minneapolis before, but I flew in, I never drove it. So, we left Oklahoma and drove North. We went through Missouri, Iowa and Minnesota. It was a long drive, but so scenic.

I really understand all that terminology in the song now... you know what I mean, the "amber waves of grain". We drove through the heartland--America's breadbasket--real farm country. It was beautiful. Truly a lovely drive. And I can say that even though I was in torrential rain for about four and a half hours of the drive up.

Minneapolis is a lovely city. I'm sure I was seeing it at its best--green and lush, not sub zero temperatures and covered in snow... After driving around for a couple of days, I think I could happily live there. It's a delightful place filled with very friendly folks.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to be home and back in my own digs. I'm pleased that I'm not sitting in the car for 10 hours tomorrow. My back really needs a break. But I'm so glad I made the drive.

Traveling north was eye opening. Seeing another part of this amazing country--a part that is so distinct and different from my normal stomping grounds--was great fun. I'm glad I got a chance to make that trip. And I recommend the drive to anyone who hasn't done it. The roads are fine, the traffic is light and the scenery is gorgeous.

Just don't do it in the winter. I get the feeling that would be a very bad idea.

--Sandee Wagner

2 comments:

Emmylee said...

YAY!! You got more stuff crossed off your list!

I bet that was a bit of stress relief :-)

I got those bins hung up in the garage--more difficult than I expected it to be...

We'll see you soon!

Unknown said...

Emm,

Look for us next Mon or Tues night after the packers leave. We'll road trip over, take you to dinner and then get home. spw