Chunking Things

Friday, February 12, 2010

Gifts for Gals

After complaining copiously about styrofoam food yesterday, guess what I found on my porch this morning?  That's right.  Chocolate covered strawberries.  They are glorious!!

I was watching the History channel the other day and I saw a couple of commercials for Shari's Berries.  Since I generally watch TV with the laptop on my knees, I went to the website and typed in the secret word: history.  Up popped their Valentine's specials.  Oh my.  Beautiful chocolate covered strawberries with swirls and sprinkles, all packed up with ice and sent to your loved one.  I turned the computer around to my husband and said, "Look at this--aren't those beautiful?"

My husband, the most intelligent man I've ever been exposed to, took that hint and ordered some.  They were delivered just as promised.  Now, by the time they hit my doorstep, the green tops were a little wilted, but they still hold onto the berry to provide a handle and the strawberries taste tremendous.

Have I foregone all thoughts of losing weight?  No.  I still need to do that.  But in this iteration, at least the candy is wrapping a fruit, right?  It's got to be better to eat a chocolate covered strawberry than a chocolate covered truffle, doesn't it?

I chatted with another woman this morning, she mentioned that her favorite gift is edible also.  She likes the edible bouquets from Edible Arrangements.  I guess when you're talking about nice gifts, dipping stuff in chocolate puts things over the top in my estimation.  Don't get me wrong.  I'm as susceptible to beautiful flower arrangements as the next woman; however, nothing says Valentine's Day like chocolates.

So, gentlemen, if you have not already done your shopping for Valentine's Day, get into gear.  Sunday is almost upon us and if you have a significant other, then you need to celebrate the day for lovers.  Get a card, something with a lot of sincere emotion, and a little something for your one true love.  You'll be repaid in full. 

--Sandee Wagner

2 comments:

Zack and Kimmee said...

I've not received an edible arrangement, but I've sent one and been around when someone ELSE got one and they are FABULOUS... I told Zack (since I'm not a flower person) to get me that in the future!!!!

Unknown said...

They are beautiful and fruit is so healthy! Even when dipped in chocolate, a fruit is a fruit. Let's hope that Zack remembers your preference on the next gift giving occasion. spw