Chunking Things

Monday, May 17, 2010

Happy Birthday DH!!

My darling hubby is 50 years old today. We learned early on that birthdays are not despised dates to dread. Each birthday is a time to celebrate. We had our priorities shifted during our 30th birthday year--a brush with cancer will reset your life goals. We LOVE getting older.

DH doesn't like to have a fuss made, but I'd love to throw a party and have a cake and balloons. We won't, we'll do a low key birthday dinner and try not to embarrass him. But it's a joyous day. An anniversary to celebrate.

He has made me the happiest of women. He's shared 31 years of his life with me. I'm well and truly blessed.

Each year, in the six weeks between his birthday and mine, I tell everyone that he's MUCH OLDER than I am. He shakes his head when they wonder if he robbed the cradle. Then when my birthday rolls around in July, we are once again the same age. I embrace each year older and I know that DH will too.

Happy Birthday Bert!! Here's to 55 more years together.

--Sandee Wagner

8 comments:

LadyPatsFan said...

Happy B-Day to your DH! I know what you mean about teasing him between his birthday and yours. My DH and I are 6 months apart, so I get to tease him about being old for even longer. :)

Here's to many many more years to Bert and both of you!

Zack and Kimmee said...

Love you, BERT! Happy B-day to the best FIL EVER!

Craig C. Calvin said...

You should buy him a Maine Coon Cat for a gift.

Emmylee said...

I know where to find the perfect Maine Coone, and since you'll be in OKC soon, you can have one waiting for him!

I tease Craig about age every once in a while, but I really *don't* want him to feel old!

Happy birthday Daddy--I love you!

Unknown said...

LadyPatsFan,

6 months is a long time to bust his chops! Good for you. I only get a few digs in, so I go for them!! spw

Unknown said...

Z&K,

He is the best ever. I think he had a great day. I put a new stereo and speakers in the Mustang as a gift and took him to The Cheesecake Factory for dinner. spw

Unknown said...

Craig,

No cats. Ever.

Unknown said...

Emm,

You are wise beyond your years. spw