Chunking Things

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Projects on the Patio

My folks are visiting but they are really good sports. This morning, my mama fretted about keeping me from doing something that needed doing. I told her that my only project was the mirror mosaic flower pots. She offered to keep me company on the back porch while I did the work.

So, for a few hours today, my folks sat out with me in the backyard while I got all artistic. I have two big pots glued to two equal sized pots that are inverted. The whole makes up a planter that will flank my front door. I'm excited about having them, but it's going to take a lot of broken mirror to make these look good.

Luckily, I have a box of bad luck that needs working out.

It was fun. Mom chatted with me about any subject that crossed her mind, dad read his book, and I kept sticking mirror shards onto the pots until I had one quarter of the project complete.

Good times. I wonder if I can get them to stay for three more days?

--Sandee Wagner

No comments: