Chunking Things

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Life's Little Hurdles

Sometimes, I get so caught up in my own personal drama that I forget to be thankful for the easy path I'm on.

I have a great family. A wonderful spouse. Living parents. A comfortable lifestyle. No one close to me is suffering in any way. I have friends I pray for, who pray for me. I am the luckiest of all women. I know that.

Currently, we're looking at a relocation. My DH's employer is hinting at moving us either to corporate headquarters or abroad. I've always said that the 'not knowing' is more stressful than any decision made, one way or the other. Right now, we are in full 'not knowing' mode. We might move. We might get stationed overseas.

It's stressing me out. We've moved a lot. I'm good at it. But an overseas move comes with a lot of different decisions. You can only take a container full of stuff. What furniture do you take? What do you leave behind? Do you keep the house and rent it out? Do you sell? Do you store the cars or sell them off? Long term storage? What about the dogs?

I'm driving myself nuts thinking about decisions that may not need to be made. If they tell us tomorrow that we're headed to Houston, then all this stress is for nothing, right?

This kind of wait and see game is just one of life's little hurdles. It's something you have to survive while you're waiting to get on with your life. It doesn't change anything, it just trips you up.

I didn't run track in high school, but if I had, I wouldn't have run hurdles. That just looks hard. Every time one of the runners trips or knocks one down, I feel for them.

Life is full of trips and stops. We just have to do our best. And remember that there are a ton of people out there who only WISH they had our little problems because theirs are so much more devastating.

I'm blessed. I know it. No more worries.

--Sandee Wagner

4 comments:

Emmylee said...

I would like to be the first to volunteer to store the Mustang. And by store I mean drive fairly often :o)

Zack and Kimmee said...

You are a little stress-ball!

Unknown said...

Emm,

I'll have to let your dad know about your oh so generous offer!! spw

Unknown said...

Z&K,

We like to call it "stress cadet" or "sweat grenade". LOL!!