Chunking Things

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Last One

Today, now that the imminent threat of tornadoes is past, I'm going to finish the last flower bed.

Chain saw, hedge trimmer, garbage cans at the ready. It's a small bed, but needs a lot of trimming back. So, I'm guessing it will take a couple of hours and another 10 bags of mulch.

When this flower bed is done, we'll be done with the hard yard work. The rest will be planting a few bushes and maintaining the beds we've weeded and mulched. Work, but not the back breaking labor that throwing mulch can be.

Again, I will wait to see if I get a real 'job well done' feeling afterwards. I'm not sure that I get that from yard work. It's just work.

Hard manual labor calls for ibuprophen and protective clothing. I'd better go get mine on.

--Sandee Wagner

3 comments:

susan said...

Two words: ROUND UP.
When a weed pokes its ugly head up, carefully spray that scudder.

As for feeling of accomplishment, maybe next year you'll get it. ;-)

Unknown said...

Susan,

You can just say, "enough whining, Sandee" and I won't be insulted.

We finished the final bed yesterday, did a little planting and weeding and I DID get a good feeling.

Went to the TPAC last night for Cirque Dreams and DH leaned over and said, "I feel so great that we got that yard work all finished today!"

Unknown said...

Hey--update

We finished and I do feel like I've accomplished something now. Must have been the incompleteness of the task. It's all done now, and it feels GOOD!